In 2000, my physical eyes began to improve. They became a testimony to my Optician, each visit they would improve two or three prescriptions. In 2002 I exchanged my glasses for ‘off the shelf’ mild prescription daily contact lenses, and even without the lenses I could read the third line from the bottom on the eye test chart. Unfortunately some spray from a tractor went into my face and my left eye was losing vision, until, in March 2003 I was sent to see an eye specialist. It was fast, and I began to wonder what was happening to me, BUT, I knew Jesus was in control. The specialist examined my eyes and indicated that he could do nothing. I needed my lens replacing and this would give me perfect sight in my left eye. The specialist said only my left eye required this drastic treatment, my right eye was in excellent condition and because it was only  very slightly short sighted, I would have vision that would no longer need correction with lenses or glasses. To God be the glory. In May 2003 I had the operation, and by June 2003 I could see with perfect physical vision. The Lord promised He would heal my eyes and He did, my right eye miraculously healed with no medical intervention, and my left eye with medical intervention using the specialist’s skills.

The ways of the Lord are a mystery to us, and this testimony He has so awesomely given to me is a testimony of healing through the miraculous, and, also the Lord using medical treatment.

Eventually an area of white appeared in my right eye In March 2005 giving me difficulty whilst driving at night, in April 2005 I had a lens implant in my right eye and my vision became perfect once again. This should encourage anyone who reads or hears my testimony, the Lord can and does heal in many different ways.

God’s hand is firmly on our son Adrian as well.

Just after my healing in 1997, a friend, a dear sister in Christ said that God had given her a clear message for Dennis and me regarding Adrian. We were instructed by God to keep firmly on the path following Jesus, not to move to the right or the left no matter what happened to Adrian. Adrian is safely in the Lord’s hands and we should not be concerned. The Lord knew we would need this ‘Word’ from Him to help us. A few weeks later we praised and thanked God for giving us this assurance because Adrian wrote off the first of three cars.

1. The Fiat he was driving hit another car, both were beyond repair.  Adrian did not have a scratch on him.

2. A hire car ended up on its side at the edge of a steep drop when a badger ran out in front of him. Not a mark on Adrian but the car was a mess.

3. Adrian was my named driver for two years before my healing. I had a specially adapted car with hand controls, but couldn’t drive anymore, it was too painful and the drugs made me sleepy. After my healing I wanted to return the car, I was no longer disabled, however this was not easy, I was registered disabled for life. In the final stages of a long battle to send back the car, Adrian was driving to meet us when he turned it over onto its roof into a 15ft. ditch. The first miracle was that the ditch had no water in it, I say this because on the moor where we live the ditches are always full of water and people have been drowned in them, trapped in their cars. It was even more miraculous because there had been so much rain. The car was wedged in the bottom, yet once again the Lord delivered him from injury.                                                                                                    This accident had obvious implications for returning the car, and is a story that has quite a wonderful signature from the Lord. I was due to telephone the Mobility officer to conclude the return of the car on the Monday after Adrian wrote it off. You can imagine my concern at having to inform him that the car was a wreck. I dialled the number and once the chap realized it was me, he quickly said, “I hope you’ve not signed the car over yet because you are liable to pay the rest of the lease which is around £3,500.”

Even more worried I gingerly told him that the car was now “no more”.  His reaction was completely unexpected because he burst out laughing and informed me that the only way I could give the car back without having to pay anything was if it was written off in an accident. The Lord turned the whole situation around so that I could honour Him for my healing. There was also a life lesson for Adrian too.

When Adrian began his course at University the Lord used this as an opportunity to lead us to a wonderful church, where we still go to worship as often as we can, to be fed spiritually, and experience love, fellowship, and covering. Once again this was quite miraculous, because of all the churches available, the Lord led us to a ‘Spiritual Home’. I looked at a list of churches in the area and New Zion seemed to leap from the page. We drove around and could not find it at first, eventually we asked the Lord to guide us. We came to an estate and found ourselves passing the church. New Zion still bless us in our walk with the Lord, and in our ministry.

My gracious favour is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.” 2Corinthians12:9. We are strengthened in our weakness, as helplessly we move through situations concerning Adrian. Our only child, away from faith, suffering physically, yet, God fills us with reassurance, we know Jesus is holding Adrian close. One day Adrian will be at our side, giving testimony.

The next part of our life began with a powerful time of prayer. July 31st 2004…We prayed for Glastonbury, and felt the light of the Lord punching through the darkness of New Age, Witchcraft and satanic teachings. (Dennis left for work). Without warning the hot water tank in the loft burst, very hot water brought the kitchen ceiling down, it poured into the wall cavity, causing the electric sockets, light switches, and ceiling light to smoke and spark. The room flooded, our pine dresser was damaged beyond repair. Thankfully my initial response was to pray. God provided the calm I needed to think quickly and cut the water & electricity.  He protected me because I turned both off safely, although it meant wading through very hot water lapping around the sparking wall socket above the skirting board. He also provided strength to clear up the mess.

Insurance for the damage wasn’t forthcoming (it took almost a year), so the Lord answered prayer, and New Zion were prompted by the Lord, and they gave us a gift which covered the cost of the repairs. We prayed the Lord would bless them richly, and thank them for their faithfulness. (As you will read later this was critical, we had to get the house safe and quiet for Adrian when he came out of hospital in October.) One month later, it was the August Bank Holiday weekend at the evening meeting of Grapevine, a Christian 5 day event held each year at Lincoln Showground. We were on a high seating stand with two thousand people when it collapsed. I remember very little of the initial fall, but I know my head was miraculously lifted as chairs crashed through where my head had been. I sustained injury to my hip & several broken ribs. Seven years previously, to the exact date, I was in hospital, there was a Christian nurse with me, I was spiritually healed, then physically healed. Seven years later another Christian nurse was praying for my injuries. Once more I use the word, miraculous, because only 4 people were hospitalized. When the structure collapsed all the people in front of the stands turned to face us and they prayed, God kept everyone calm on the stand, there was no panic or rushing to get off, everyone still, praying and waiting. Emergency teams said they had never seen anything so amazing.


On the 13th Sept. I received a call from Adrian our son. He was due to begin his final year at University the following week, after completing his time with Pfiser, a pharmaceutical company, where he had worked through the summer. This particular morning, (after driving through the London rush hour), he was briefing some actors ready for mock interviews, and in one moment his life was drastically changed forever. When I spoke to him he was very frightened and could not see clearly, he had no balance or orientation and he had a severe pain in his head. As a trained nurse I was aware that these symptoms were worrying and although so far away I was relieved that his colleagues were getting him to hospital.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Adrian had a brain haemorrhage, caused by a vascular malformation with aneurism. This had caused loss of sight in his left eye, in the lower left quartile. I alerted all our Christian friends and family to pray, and prayer chains were praying for Adrian from that moment, all over the world.

The journey to London was filled with prayer, and we maintained our trust in the Lord, essential because half way through the journey we received a call from the Hospital at Hemel Hempstead to confirm we were definitely on the way, because he was so ill.                                                           It is always a shock for parents to see their children suffering and be unable to do anything to help them, so this was certainly a time when we had to put all our faith in God, and He helped all three of us through those very difficult weeks. For Adrian the pain was unbearable, even with the limited medication, but each time we prayed for him the pain was replaced by blessed sleep. He was asking us to pray for him.

With daily evidence of the working of God our faith increased to almost bursting!  We needed a place to stay in London while Adrian was in hospital, so we prayed. God provided a flat for us, not any old flat, the person who lived there actually gave up his own bedroom, with private bathroom/shower. We bless him and thank him.

Adrian was transferred from Hemel to The Royal Free Hospital at Hampstead Heath and surgery was imminent. The Consultant met with the three of us and described in detail the operation, and was very clear about the likely consequences of any brain surgery. I remember thinking that being told all of these terrible possibilities would make most people devastated wrecks, but Adrian was calm, totally confident in the surgeon, and after a short pause said, “Well I guess you had better have a stiff drink before you start.”

Following this “chat”, a patient who had been admitted from another hospital, was found to have the dreaded MRSA. Because Adrian was scheduled for surgery, and this guy had been to theatre before they found he had MRSA, everything was put on ‘hold’. Adrian had to be tested. We contacted everyone to pray that Adrian would be clear. Adrian was clear, and we knew with certainty that the theatres would be totally safe too, as everywhere was purged. God doesn’t leave anything to chance.

Adrian had his operation, to remove the mal formed vessels from his brain, on the 18th October, (two days before his 25th birthday). He went down to the operating theatre at 8.30am and didn’t get back to the High Dependency Unit until 10.15pm that night.                                         Dennis and I spent the day wandering on Hampstead Heath, praying when prompted, and thinking about Adrian. The Lord gave us incredible peace, knowing that God was in control of every move the surgical team made, we had assurance beyond our understanding.                                 We sat on the Unit from around 7.30pm waiting for news. It became obvious the staff were getting concerned. Adrian was taken back to theatre again from the recovery ward at 8.30pm. Their worry turned to visible shock, when at 9.30 there was a call to the Unit asking for Adrian’s parents to be accompanied to the operating theatre. We all thought we had lost him. Dennis and I were both silently praying as we made that long journey with the nurse, on the lift and down endless corridors, in total silence. We were shown into a room and asked to sit down. That has to be the worst moment I have ever experienced, and I remember for the millionth time asking Holy Spirit to comfort me. His answer was swift, as always, with a wave of peace flowing through me.


The Consultant was smiling, saying he wanted us to see Adrian with our own eyes. He led us into an area full of equipment. We could hear Adrian before we saw him, he was all bandages, pipes, bottles, and a billowing foil blanket, but he was laughing, still positive, bemoaning the fact they hadn’t taken a picture of his brain.

SO MIRACULOUS WAS THE WAY HE RECOVERED, Adrian was allowed to make the journey to the flat at Wellwyn, just two days later, on his 25th birthday!  The Unit had organized a party for him, and it was a great day. On his round the Consultant asked Adrian what he wanted for his birthday, Adrian replied, “To go home”. Mr. Morris Williams looked at me and asked if I thought I could cope. It was a terrifying prospect, but I nodded.

Adrian couldn’t travel back to Somerset, and had to have someone with him all the time, and we did have to ring the unit for advice, but his belief that he would be okay, and refusing to be negative, meant that after over 6 weeks in hospital, major brain surgery, involving 44 staples in his scalp, numerous scans and angiograms, Adrian had his birthday evening at the flat. We were all amazed, and know that it was the hand of God on Adrian’s life yet again. We had to take him back to the Unit for regular checks, and to have the staples out, but he was eventually declared fit to make the journey home to Somerset. (Our kitchen was now safe for his return). There was no further damage from brain surgery, no fits, although there was still a small area of blindness in his left eye, with some pin points of light appearing occasionally. After six months he had a three hour session of neurological tests which indicated no evidence of any brain damage at all. This was miraculous, there was no evidence of any injury left from the initial bleed.

The Lord knows our every need and throughout this time He brought many Christians to surround us, not only through family, friends, and church links, but also patients, visitors and staff on the High Dependency Unit. We were encouraged, prayed for, and loved by these wonderful people and we thank them wholeheartedly. More than anything we felt the presence of God, Jesus there with us the whole time. We saw and experienced the working of God, through the skills of the medical team, but also many prayers answered in so many miraculous ways. The Lord certainly used every part of this time to witness to Adrian. A colleague, who Adrian admired, visited him in hospital. Adrian said how impressed he was at the way his team excelled within the company, and to our delight the reply came, “ It’s nothing to do with me or the team, we pray about all our business & the Lord does the rest. ” He then testified about his life of drink and drugs, and how the Lord turned him around.

When Adrian came back to Somerset he had to go to the surgery for regular checks on his wound and blood pressure. His first visit amazed him. When he walked into the consulting room he was immediately welcomed by a doctor who knew everything that had happened to him in precise detail. Adrian asked how he knew so much, the doctor said, “  I lead a house group, we have been praying for you all the time you have been ill. ”

A year after Adrian’s brain haemorrhage he suffered a seizure. This meant he could not have his driving licence back, and was the beginning of years of suffering. There have been many seizures, most needing hospitalization, sometimes every few weeks. Sometimes there have been injuries, biting through his tongue, and when one happened in the shower he had to have skin grafts on his feet because of burns from the hot water.

Adrian went back to university barely three months after his surgery and threw himself into Student Union Elections. He had an amazing time on the Executive and was even re elected although eventually he was struggling with seizures. Working with seizures and medication finally meant he could not continue. He made the decision to return home. He was registered disabled.

As Consultant Neurologists come and go his medication changes. Every time is debilitating and distressing for Adrian. As I write this he is waiting to hear from Frenchay Hospital in Bristol because the Consultant has left yet again. He is on the surgery programme, and we are praying that the Lord will be in whatever happens, because another operation will be almost unbearable for him, he knows what to expect. The scarring of brain tissue is severe and they say this is what is causing the additional problems.

As the days, weeks, months and years were going by, Adrian decided during periods of hospital inactivity to travel, to get the most experience out of life possible. With the all clear from the GP, he went to America, South America, Thailand, Germany, and Australia. These trips would have been a nightmare for us to endure without the Holy Spirit comforting us and the Lord giving us peace.  I will outline some of the distress and problems he encountered                                                                                                                        

 In Germany he had a seizure and was taken into hospital, he also twisted his ankle badly. In America his cards were lost in the sea, in South America he had his wallet and cards stolen, he was taken to a police station and then was put under house arrest at his hostel because he was conned by a Mexican, and left with a massive bill. We contacted the nearest Embassy who sent a representative who got him out of jail and then helped to get him out of the country. The Lord made provision. His time away was divided between resting in bed for one or two days, so he could have just one day of activity. He always stayed where there were loads of people, and he has made some really good friends who are still in touch, and send him parcels.

Adrian is struggling with more drug changes, and the dreadful side effects. With these changes there have been so many mistakes made with dosage, not by Adrian but with inadequate pharmaceutical care. Our prayer is that the Lord will intervene with His healing and give Adrian his life back just as the Lord did for me.


In 1998 my sister and brother in law were baptised. Dennis and I were thrilled, and we are so blessed because now we can at last pray together as a family. There have already been many answers to our prayers. Our niece was expecting a baby, the scan revealed two growths close to the brain and it was likely the doctors would recommend a termination. Prayers were lifted to Jesus and the doctors were amazed when they did another scan, to find that the growths were cysts, which dissolved and disappeared, and were not a threat to the baby at all. My sister actually saw Jesus touch the baby’s head. She was born in October 1998 and is a perfect healthy child. Such blessings. What a merciful and gracious God we serve.

My sister was experiencing pain and a lady from her church told her that the Lord had said that she must go to the doctors. She put it off for two weeks and then decided to listen as the woman persisted in prompting that the Lord had said to go to the doctors. Eventually my sister went for a scan regarding her Gall Bladder, however, showing up on the scan was a tumour in her kidney. The first amazing fact is the Lord’s intervention so that the scan gave early detection, and the second is that she fully recovered from the removal of her kidney, and the tumour, plus there is no evidence of the cancer having spread. Praise the Lord.                                                                                                                                       She then had to undergo an operation to remove her gall bladder because of the stones in there. The operation went well until she was in the recovery room, where she began experiencing difficulty breathing. She was having an allergic reaction to one of the anaesthetic drugs she had been given. My sister said she felt very calm, and felt that if she was to be taken ‘home’ to be with the Lord then so be it. Suddenly she noticed a picture of many hands on the ceiling, appearing like a jig-saw, and she felt the Lord say these were the hands of the people praying for her. To God be the Glory.

Her testimony is amazing, indeed the whole family have had so many trials. Their oldest daughter and my brother in law were both directors of a company called into receivership. My brother in law retired but my niece is still enduring the problems of being unable to get a job, despite a Masters Degree in Engineering.

For my sister those years after her kidney was removed became an almost unbelievable sequence of broken bones from Osteoporosis, worsening Diabetes, Pernicious Anaemia, and the failing of her one remaining kidney. Because we live so far apart it is difficult for both of us, we are very close. As her kidney got steadily worse she eventually had to begin dialysis, and was put on the kidney transplant register. I spent a week at the Sheffield donor unit and had tests, all was brilliant and I was a match for her, but then after one of the final tests, they discovered I had a stone in one kidney and cysts in the other, so they would not consider me.                                                                                                                           Phone calls are good, but I can’t get to see my sister very often because I am unable to leave Adrian and he is often too unwell to travel the four hour journey. Whilst he was away on his adventures I took the opportunity to go with Dennis if he had meetings in Nottinghamshire, and when June has been fit enough they have holidayed in the South and we have been able to meet up. One occasion, they stayed overnight in their camper van. June had her dialysing equipment, and we had a wonderful evening and intended to spend the day together. At 3am in the morning my brother in law knocked us up, a call had come from the transplant unit, a donor kidney was available. They left immediately and made the long journey. The kidney was transplanted and once again the Lord brought her through. The donor kidney was a perfect match, but there were concerns because it was not functioning properly, and for my sister it was a very very slow, painful, and long road to recovery. It was almost a year before things evened out for her. The Osteo porosis was causing problems during this ordeal, and fractures were found in her spine and also some compression. There were many suggestions, including cement, to strengthen the damaged vertebrae. She also had a curvature in her spine. After many x rays she was sent for a special bone density scan and here the Lord showed again His miraculous healing hand. After the scan the Radiologist asked my sister why she had been sent for a scan. June explained, and the woman said she had the information but just wanted to check she had the right patient, she couldn’t find the damage or curvature. Praise the Lord. I am always thrilled when He provides medical evidence.


Whenever I feel devastated by events and situations, feeling overwhelmed, the following memory spills into my consciousness, I fall back into strong loving hands and I let go.

I am being held on the threshold of my home by hands that are love. Everything that is me feels contented, cherished and safe. The hands are gentle, the hands are familiar, bathed with a light that is alive and tangible, radiating it’s purity from deep within. As I am turned around I see a mist forming before me, penetrating and contaminating the glorious aura of my home. There is a room taking shape, a room with a bed. On the bed lies a woman, she is completely still, a man is leaning over her. At the bottom of the bed there is a bundle of white linen moulded around something quite small.

I feel a surge of desperation, “Please let me stay here with you.”

Waves of love flow over and through me.

“In the twinkling of an eye you will return. I am with you always. Do not be afraid.”

I hear myself pleading not to leave. Warm breath breathes into me.

Many years later this came into my remembrance, and when I shared it with my sister she told me about the day I was born.

It was the 19th July 1951 and my Mum had suddenly become paralysed. The family doctor was very concerned as she was due to deliver me, and all her symptoms indicated polio.  Her labour was long and I was declared dead on arrival. I was wrapped in a linen sheet and placed at the foot of the bed. For twenty minutes or so, the doctor worked on my Mum. Suddenly from within the cloth I let out a scream and began to cry.

Dr. Herbert called me his miracle, and as I began to walk and talk he would take me with him on his rounds.

The hands, and my place in them is a comfort, a blessing and an assurance of ‘home’.

Dennis and I are so blessed by the Lord, our life together was returned to us by God. Our testimony has sent us to many places, London, Ireland, Israel, Belgium and many parts of the British Isles. Our testimony has been taken by people we have witnessed to, to America, Australia, Holland, and via the “EVANGELIST” Bible Land Mission magazine it has now been read all over the world. The  Assemblies of God magazine “JOY” and “New Life”  publication have also featured our miracles. Whilst in Israel some business people from Singapore made a video of our testimony aiming to release it in Singapore, China and Hong Kong. Our testimony is all for the Glory of God and the wonderful touch He has had on our lives. I was healed spiritually on August 29th 1997 and physically on August 31st 1997. Since then I have climbed a mountain in Israel. On my own and also with Dennis we go and speak to organisations, churches and groups about Jesus and what amazing things He has done in our lives. There are so many incidents I could recall for you dear reader, I will write as the Lord directs. We were invited to go to the Isle of Wight to speak at a Full Gospel Businessman meeting and speak at the Sunday service. The husband and wife where we stayed were a lovely couple but he had explained that his wife was sceptical about my testimony. She came to the meeting and it went well. An interview was recorded afterwards. On the way to their car I fell down in the car park. The puddle was muddy and the edges of the hole cut into my leg. When we got back to the house I went upstairs to look at the damage. To my amazement my leg was perfectly clean, unhurt and my trousers were not damaged or wet. When I went back downstairs and showed them they were amazed. In the morning we were having breakfast in the kitchen when the door burst open and all we could make out were the words shouting that the ring was stuck. She declared we couldn’t go to church because she needed to go to the hospital to have her ring cut off. We had no way of getting to the church ourselves so we began to pray. The Lord told me to get oil and hold her hand. I poured the oil into my palm and wrapped my fingers over her hand. Instantly the ring fell into the oil. It was incredible. We went to church, we spoke and then this dear lady who had been so sceptical gave testimony about the weekend. On the way to the ferry her husband said it was fantastic because she would never normally speak out.                                                                                                                                         

 I take the gospel message into schools with assembly presentations. God revealed to me how to make an amazing doll for my work in school assemblies. I made her and she is called Lizzie Drippin. She’s Public Agent No.1 for Jesus. In one Autumn term I took the full gospel message to almost 1,000 children in Bridgwater Somerset.                                                                                                                                                     

I continue to work in the schools, having been invited to take several sessions on light/dark…good/evil, looking with the children at what they put into their minds. The Lord also ‘birthed’ the Y.O.Y.O. (Youngsters Onto Youth Outreach) vision.

Our God is wonderful.